Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Diwali!!!

I am getting in touch with my Indian side. LOL My friend Deepali (the original Indian friend as she calls herself) invited me to a Diwali celebration (New Years) at an Indian temple in Milpitas. Raj could not come do to work but I decided to represent his culture. I loved getting dressed up and although I borrowed the "Punjabi dress" from Deepali, I did purchase the bangles myself. In fact I have purchased 4 sets in the past 2 weeks! I totally rocked them. I mixed and matched them when we went out the night before to a wedding. But all in all it was fun and interesting to learn a little bit about the culture.
Keep watch, Raj and I will be going to an Indian engagement party next weekend. We will both be dressed up, however I will be wearing a repeat ensemble. Until I can purchase my own. But man they are expensive. "Ohh yess I love it" (Use Indian accent when saying it) :o)

1 comment:

Yoli said...

Hey you've been blogging. I love the little video!